- Table of contents
- Call routing
- Routing table * is a sorted list of peers and parameters to call for each route.
The system performs Hunting on the found and sorted routes.
Routing is done by the following applications:
Therefore, in order to use the Smartswitch routing system, you need to use one of these applications in the Call handler.
Otherwise, if the outgoing call is made by the Dial application directly, the call does not go through the built-in routing system of Smartswitch.
To check the routing table, you can use the Check Routing tool located on the edit page of each peer.
Configuring the routing table¶
Supported routing table configuration modes:
- According to the list of routes.
Within a Route class you must configure a list of Routes that will be active for all traffic profiles.
And inside each route, you can specify the Traffic matching rules to override the settings for a specific traffic profile.
- By traffic profile.
First, you must configure Traffic matching rules to define specific traffic profiles.
Then, within each Rule, you must configure the Routes list for this traffic profile.
The choice of a specific configuration mode depends on your preferences and business specifics.
You can use both modes at the same time.
In this case, if the system does not find any route in one of the modes, it tries to find routes according to the other mode.
If routes are found in one of the modes, the search for routes in the other mode is not performed.
You can configure the priority of using the modes.
You can also use the base route class option to inherit from another Route Class.
In this case, if the system does not find any routes in the current route class, it starts searching in the base route class.
Inheritance can be done recursively.
The system supports the following routing modes:
- Routing by current static system configuration.
- Routing based on telephone traffic metrics.
- Routing based on telephone traffic target metrics.
- Percentage routing.
- Mixed routing.
A combination of the above modes is used at the same time.
All modes take into account:
- Route class and its contents configured on the originator
- the Number replacement parameters on all involved peers
- a Tariff plan configured on all involved peers.
The resulting routing table will not include routes for which cost cannot be determined unambiguously.
- Profit control.
The resulting routing table will not include routes that do not pass the Profit control.
- technologies configured on all involved peers.
The technology for the outgoing call will be selected in such a way as to avoid converting Message technologies, if possible.
- Balances of all involved peers.
The routing table will not include peers, calls to which are blocked by balance.
- blocked routes by the Controllers.
Procedure for creating a routing table by the system¶
The routing table is created in the following order:
- Defines all possible peers for call routing according to the current settings, Balances, etc.
- The Routing table sorting occurs according to the configured Metrics.
- The system excludes some routes according to: